SDC International Shipping is a dedicated member of the Federal Maritime Commission that can assist you in moving to El Salvador from the USA or any country in Central America.
We have a professional team to ensure that wherever you relocate, we are here to help. With so many moving aspects to an international move, it’s imperative that you have the time to concentrate on settling you and your family in a new home. Our diverse services are perfectly designed to coordinate a seamless move to El Salvador.
Moving Homes to El Salvador from the USA
The first step in shipping household goods to El Salvador is understanding the size and volume of your move. Our international household movers will survey your house and plan your relocation thoroughly, including the provision of any services you require from packing, storage solutions, marine insurance, or anything else you may need.
Make sure that household items you plan to send to El Salvador:
- are used and have been in your ownership for at least the last six months;
- will enter the port no later than 90 days after you arrive in the country;
- will not be given away or transferred ownership while in the country;
- will be taken with you when leaving; otherwise, you’ll have to pay duties.
- Copies of your passport and visa
- Proof of employment
- Valued inventory
- Packing list
- OBL or AWB
- Customs Declaration
- Proof of residency permit
- Power of attorney
- Confirmation to take back items like artworks, household appliances, electronics, etc.
We not only move goods around the world but also arrange the clearing of household items through customs. Your shipping coordinator will ensure that your shipment’s contents meet the quota of customs regulations in El Salvador.
Moving Cars to El Salvador from the USA
SDC International Shipping offers car shipping services to El Salvador from the USA, using RORO, container, and air methods. You can request a quote or call us at (877) 339-0267. By shipping weekly, we send overseas not only boxes and crates but also motorcycles, vehicles, ATVs, trucks, boats and yachts, RVs, and other valuable personal belongings.
The documentation for the importation is the following:
- AWB or OBL
- Commercial Invoice
- Title of ownership
- Tax Identification Number
- Emission control certificate obtained 60 days before arrival in El Salvador.
This list of requirements and documents isn’t complete. Regulations on duties and customs are subject to change. But you don’t have to worry about it with a trusted shipping agent by your side. Whether your vehicle is new or old, we’ll ensure that you collect up-to-date documents for a streamlined clearance from customs.
How Long Does It Take to Move to El Salvador from the USA?
At SDC International Shipping, we have several shipping options to choose from:
- Sea freight in a 20- or 40ft container usually takes 5-10 weeks. For example, shipping from LA to San Salvador typically takes 6-10 weeks and 5-9 weeks if we send your container from Miami. But you also need to allow five to seven days for customs clearance.
- Air freight is the fastest way to move consignments under 100 kg. It takes 3-5 days to ship goods by air.
Moving Destinations in El Salvador
Most clients we move to El Salvador relocate there for work. So their destinations are often urban cities like San Salvador, Santa Tecla, or Cuscatlán. But no matter what you are moving to, we have the experience to deliver your household items right to the doorsteps of any Salvador place.
Other Countries in Central America We Move To
Why Moving to El Salvador with SDC International Shipping?
Our logistics agents are ready to provide free consultation on a range of moving services from packing, transportation, storage, and moving insurance. From this online quote form, we’ll prepare a shipping estimate for your situation.
Everyone on our board has excellent knowledge in shipping and freight forwarding services to Central America from the USA, so whether you need to move a studio apartment or a large house, we can help. In addition, we can guide you through any paperwork for customs clearance.
Additional SDC resources you might be interested in: