Moving to Luxembourg from the USA
Are you moving to Luxembourg from the USA? SDC International Shipping is one of the leaders in the international relocation industry, offering a full array of shipping services throughout the USA. With a diverse client base, we handle household goods and vehicles, including sensitive and bulky items like pianos and artwork. Our company is operated by skilled, highly trained movers, packers, and drivers who will complete your relocation project with utmost professionalism. When you choose to work with us, you can breathe easy knowing you can rely on the reliability and consistency that are a cornerstone of our good name.
Find out how to move to Luxembourg and start your journey today!
Moving Household Goods to Luxembourg
Depending on your budget and how fast you need to get your consignment shipped to your destination, SDC international household movers to Luxemburg offer a few services to fit your shipping needs.
LCL (Less than Container Load)
We offer LCL services that allow you to ship specific quantities you want. LCL shipments are loaded onto containers with other cargo heading to the same destination. Less than Container Load is a perfect solution for small and medium-sized household consignments.
FCL (Full Container Load)
Not only do we offer LCL services, but we also cater to full container load services. FCL is about on-time performance, lower costs per shipping unit, and reduced likelihood of loss or damage due to unloading and reloading at freight terminals before delivery. When choosing to ship in an FCL mode, you may send as many personal belongings as you can in our 20- or 40ft container.
Containerized Ocean Freight
We offer ocean freight services, including both LCL and FCL. Regardless of where in Luxembourg a shipment needs to go. Since it is a landlocked country, we’ll ship your container to the main port in Antwerp, after which it will be transported by land to your doorsteps.
SDC International Shipping offers air freight services for household goods requiring immediate delivery to Luxembourg. We cooperate with forwarders and airlines, so your shipment arrives at its destination as soon as possible.
How Long Does Moving to Luxembourg Take?
There are factors that determine the timeframe needed to ship your household goods from point A to B. Ocean freight typically will take approximately 8-10 days if we send your stuff in FCL, while LCL may take even longer. So, the actual arrival time in Luxembourg from the nearby port also involves many variables.
As your international household movers, we put maximum effort into delivering your items in the shortest time possible.
Assistance with Importing Household Items
More than a standard international mover to Europe, SDC International Shipping will provide you with timely information about customs clearance forms, fees, duties, and taxes pertaining to your shipment. Meanwhile, it would be helpful to know that:
- You should have owned and used your items for at least six months to qualify for exemption from duties;
- You must have resided outside Luxembourg for the last 12 months to be granted an exemption.
- Your shipment must arrive no later than 12 months after you arrive in the country;
- Some items still might be tax-obliged.
- You may visit the website of the Luxembourg Customs Office to learn about current customs policies.
- Required documents are Bill of Lading, Passport, Declaration 136 F, Type D Visa, Packing List, and Declaration of Arrival within three business days of your arrival.
Our movers work directly with forwarders to coordinate clearance of your shipment to avoid delays and reduce additional costs.
Other Moving to Luxembourg Services
SDC International’s other services include:
- Storage solutions
- Packing services
- International moving insurance
- Marine insurance
- Overseas artwork shipping
- International piano movers
Shipping a Motor Vehicle to Luxembourg
Shipping a car to Luxembourg is easy. You won’t have to pay duties if you purchased your auto more than six months ago. Another requirement is that it should have run 6,000 km on the odometer. Cars entering Luxembourg without duties can’t be sold or changed ownership for the subsequent 12 months.
- Title and driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
- International insurance coverage
- COM4 Declaration
- T-form to move your car inside the EU
- Employment proof from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
This is not a full list of required documents. As your international mover to Luxembourg, we’ll guide you through the process.
The Cost of Moving
A quote is generated based on the volume of your goods, origin, services you choose, and destination. Since every move is unique, we work out quotes tailored to each client. For example, the shipping cost to Luxembourg from New York will be different than from San Francisco, even for the identical shipping service.
Popular Destinations for Expats in Luxembourg
Oesling and Guttland are two main regions where expats usually settle. We offer door-to-door delivery to the City of Luxembourg and any other place, including:
Less-Known Facts About Luxembourg
- Luxembourg has three official languages: German, French, and Luxembourgish.
- The highest rate of car owners is in Luxembourg.
- The best wines are produced in Luxembourg.
- It has the second-highest GDP worldwide.
- 50% of the Luxembourgish population are immigrants.
- There’s a 17km-long underground tunnel in the capital city.
- The name “Luxembourg” comes from a Saxon fortress.
- It is one of the safest countries in the world.
- Almost 50% of Luxembourg’s workforce is from other countries.
Additional Moving to Luxembourg Resources
Let us arrange your move to Luxembourg! Contact us at (877) 339-0267 and schedule a visit to your home to make a quick assessment of the move. SDC International Shipping knows how to make your relocation hassle and trouble-free!