Romania is one of the trade and economic partners for the USA among Balkan countries. The ONRC reports that the trade size between the two countries reached nearly 1 billion at the end of March 2021. As of June 2021, there were active 8075 American companies present in Romania with a total value of 1.22 billion euros. So every year, a considerable number of US citizens arrive in this country of Dracula for different reasons. The major ones are work and business. Yet, for whatever reason you are moving to Romania permanently, you need an international household mover that can get things right.
SDC International Shipping can ship your household items and vehicles to Romania quickly and efficiently. To know the shipping cost, you can fill out the quote form or contact us and speak with one of our customer service representatives.
International Transportation Modes
The shipping of household belongings is a complex process. Nevertheless, we promise a comprehensive service; our logistic specialists will determine the optimal shipping option and transportation mode. Besides, we deliver moves in the shortest time possible and to any location worldwide.
We pride ourselves on a robust logistic scheme that allows us to solve any problem despite its complexity. This is why moving to Romania with us is easy.
SDC International Shipping offers the following modes of transportation:
Urgent shipping is carried out by air freight. This option allows delivering personal effects within 2-3 days. If you have many goods, we’ll ship your items in FCL (Full Container Load). LCL (Less than Container Load) is typically a good option for small cargo.
Ocean freight is preferable for many of our clients moving to Romania because it’s easy to afford. As with air freight, depending on the amount of goods you have, we’ll either ship your things in a solo or shared container. The shipping timeframe to Romania is about 3-4 weeks.
Constanta Port in Romania
General cargo and vehicles are usually shipped to Romania’s #1 seaport, Constanta. It is located on the western coast of the Black Sea.
What Our Services Include
International shipping of personal belongings assumes moving abroad furniture, décor, technical equipment, books, clothes, etc.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Packing. This is convenient and practical. Once you get the shipment at the new address, you will unpack them quickly. Besides, professional packing protects fragile items.
- Pickup service from your home to one of our warehouses.
- Taking care of Customs documentation. We’ll help you collect necessary documents required to import your cargo.
How To Describe Your Goods
Any shipment should be accompanied by a set of documents, including a Bill of Lading. It contains information about your goods, the number of items, the value of the shipment, and the cargo’s final destination. Your bill of lading should also have a complete description of the items shipped.
Here is the guide to making a description list.
- Furniture – Mention the material it is made of.
- Appliances – List brand, model, and serial number.
- Kitchenware – Mention the material and the type of kitchenware.
- Interior items – This category includes different interior items.
- Artwork – Mention the name, author, and year.
- Clothes and shoes – It’s ample to categorize items under men, women, and children. The same is with listing shoes.
The Type of Items Shipped
SDC International Shipping can move the following household items to Romania:
- TVs and monitors
- Appliances and electronics
- Clothes, shoes, and home textile
- Furniture and interior items
- Dishes and utensils
- Lamps and mirrors
- Sport inventory and fitness equipment
- Musical instruments
- Bikes and scooters
- Gardening and construction tools
You won’t have to pay duties and taxes to import your household belongings if you have owned them for at least six months.
Moving a Car to Romania
Moving a car to Romania is pretty straightforward. Only one vehicle is allowed per driver. Before shipping, you need to register it either under Euro 3 or Euro 1 category. This is done to comply with the EU technical regulations. As a rule, vehicles classified as Euro 1 assume a higher registration fee.
When importing your car through Customs, you need to be present at the time of clearance and provide the following documents:
- Title and registration
- Proof of insurance
- License and plate certificates
- Your ID documents
- Engine and chassis number
All documents should be original; any copies will be denied immediately. Also, you’ll have to pay duties and VAT.
As for the international vehicle shipping method, you can send your vehicle in a container as described above or opt for RoRo shipping. In this case, your vehicle will be rolled onto the sea vessel and shipped along with many other cars on the ship. The main requirement for RoRo shipping is that your car should be able to be driven on the vessel.
The Type of Vehicles Shipped
We can ship the following vehicles:
- Recreational vehicles
Whether you need to ship a small or large vehicle in a container or via RoRo shipping, we can make the process streamline.
International Transit Insurance
We offer international moving insurance, under which household items and vehicles will be protected at all shipping stages to Romania.
This insurance coverage is valid for transportation by air and water. The contract terms will be formed based on the nature and volume of your shipment.
Which Risks Can Be Covered?
Insurance coverage is provided in case of loss or damage of the entire or part of the insured cargo. Typically, you will be able to choose from the following plans:
- All-risk insurance
- A named perils insurance
- Force majeure insurance
- Agreed value insurance
Standard coverage includes losses resulting from fire, explosion, lightning strike, traffic accident, cargo handling, natural disasters, theft, robbery, and other risks.
The insurance contract may cover a different period of insurance.
- For the period from the loading until the end of unloading at the destination or any other insurance period.
- The period of temporary may include storage of cargo before, after, and between stages of transportation.
Other Details for Moving To Romania
There are more things to consider when moving to Romania. We share them here.
- Apartments in Romania are smaller than in the USA.
- Romania uses different voltages, so consider this when bringing your appliances.
- Most American electronics will work in Romania.
- Bring adapters for some of your devices.
- Value-added tax for new household items is 22%.
- You need an EORI number to clear your shipment from Customs.
- You must be in Romania during the clearance process.
- If you are taking a pet with you, ensure it is vaccinated, has a health certificate, and can be identified with a tattoo or ID chip.
- For more information about moving to Romania, visit the Romanian government website.
What are the Top Relocation Destination in Europe?
How the International Moving is Organized
We offer a wide range of opportunities:
- Selection of the optimal transportation mode. A container (20ft or 40ft) is selected based on the volume and weight of the shipment.
- Container delivery. It can be delivered right to your home or near your house.
- Packing. Items prone to damage are placed in wooden crates. The load is secured with straps. Fragile items are wrapped in protective packaging.
- Home-to-port delivery.
- Arrangement of loading/unloading.
- Customs clearance, including for special cargo, such as certain types of equipment, artworks, accessories, and items representing cultural heritage.
- Port-to-door delivery.
With the help of SDC International Shipping professionals, the delivery of goods of any scale and complexity is hassle-free.
We support the European quality standard and personalized approach to each client. This means that when hiring us, the safety and prompt transportation of personal belongings is guaranteed in compliance with applicable laws.