Moving to Croatia from the USA
Are you moving to Croatia and planning to hire international movers? SDC International Shipping can make your journey to a new home easier. We provide sea and air freight shipping solutions when relocating for a job, reuniting with a family, or for any other reason.
Our professional experts have experience helping with moving household items, vehicles, and pet relocation. Follow our lead, and you will know what exactly international service involves and what to expect.
How We Move to Croatia from the USA
It’s all about the right plan when it comes to relocating to a new country. SDC international household movers will work with you to develop a perfect moving plan that suits your needs.
First, we’ll look at the amount and size of your goods to decide whether you need a Full Container Load (FCL) or Less than Container Load (LCL) shipping. What do you need to know about containerized shipping?
- FCL suits large volume shipments that require a full container of up to 45,000lbs.
- LCL is best for transporting smaller consignments, such as one-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartments.
Do you need to ship a car to Croatia? Our international car shipping services to Croatia are available via RORO and container ships. We ship motorcycles, automobiles, Sedans, SUVs, boats, RVs, and even heavy equipment.
In a nutshell, we can arrange any move and our movers do their best, so you enjoy a convenient service to your destination. No matter where you are in the US, we have the right resources to move you to Croatia.
What’s the Very First Step When Preparing for an International Move?
If you think it’s wrapping and packing, you are right! First, our crew will survey the items you want to ship. Next, packers will come with their moving boxes and other packing materials on a scheduled day to wrap all your personal belongings. The benefit of hiring professional packers is obvious – they employ techniques to pack every single item regardless of size and value.
What If Your Household Goods Arrive Before You?
If your shipment arrives before you, we can arrange storage facilities in Croatia to keep your things until you arrive. Also, we can store your consignment in the USA. For example, if you are from the Los Angeles area, we’ll find the warehousing close to the shipping port.
Similarly, we offer several storage options on the East Coast. In any scenario, our shipping agents will help you choose a solution that won’t overburden you.
How Do Customs Procedures Work?
SDC International Shipping specializes in assisting with preparing customs documentation from the USA to Croatia. We will work closely with the Croatian Customs authorities to ensure compliance and a hassle-free process.
If you are unsure whether you want to pay for a service to help you with customs procedures, consider the following requirements.
- Croatia allows importing household goods duty-free if you have been living outside Croatia for at least 12 months and have owned them for a minimum of 6 months. Next, you can’t transfer them to anyone else for 24 months after importing them to the country.
- For a long-term stay (for a year at least)m, you must provide proof of residence in a country and a work permit.
- If you are using SDC International Shipping, you must present a Power of Attorney.
- Required documents are Original Bill of Lading (or Air Waybill), inventory, and packing list.
- All imported vehicles are subject to duties.
- To Import a car to Croatia, you must provide a vehicle title, Bill of Sale, notarized purchase invoice, and the Original Bill of Lading.
- For more information, contact Croatian customs.
But again, you can skip this routine by letting your international household mover help you obtain the necessary documents and approvals. Plus, we offer exclusive offers to clients with pets. If you need to bring a dog or cat to Croatia, we can handle that too.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Croatia?
Croatia is a country in Europe situated on the Balkan peninsula in the southwest. The cost of moving to Croatia from the USA varies depending on factors like the size of the move, origin and distance, and transportation mode.
There are add-on services to consider, such as marine insurance, storage, packing, and additional factors.
Popular Destinations to Relocate to Croatia
We provide door-to-door services to anywhere in Croatia, though we’ve listed some of the more popular destinations below.
Moving to Croatia involves transporting your shipping container to Rijeka, the largest Croatian cargo port and container terminal.
Typically, people choose to move to Zagreb. It’s the capital city and the most populated.
Reasons to Move to Croatia
- Croatia has over 1000 islands.
- It has a beautiful sea and incredible secret beaches.
- It’s pretty safe to live in Croatia since crime rates are low.
- Croatians are kind, friendly, and helpful.
- The climate in Croatia is perfect.
- It boasts deep culture and delicious cuisine.
- Digital nomads are more than welcome.
- The cost of living in Croatia is much more affordable than in the US.
Ready to Start Your Relocation?
If you are ready to start moving to Croatia, complete our online quote form. For any questions on your move, call one of our logistics agents at (877) 339-0267.