Fiji is a beautiful island nation in the Pacific Ocean, and it’s no wonder it’s becoming a desired place for American retirees. Investors are also welcome in this Oceania country. The Fiji government offers great tax incentives, including a three-year permit for the approved investment of less than $240,000.
For whatever reason you are moving to Fiji from the USA, SDC International Shipping can make shipping household goods easy. With almost ten years of experience, we have streamlined the processes so our customers can leverage the best value for the goods they ship.
How We Move to Fiji from the USA
When you ship with SDC international household movers, you know your relocation to Fiji will go without a hitch. While you work on the other steps of your move to Fiji, you can be sure that your personal belongings are taken care of.
Our shipping services to Fiji cover any size of consignments. Whether you need to move a studio room in a shared container or plan to use a single container for a large house, we can meet your moving needs through these containerized options. Your shipping coordinator will match the service to accommodate you.
- Packing services when our trained packers come to your house to wrap and pack every item.
- Shared or consolidated option where you pay only for the space your items occupy;
- The solo container is where you pay the price for the entire 20- or 40ft container.
When it comes to shipping methods, you may opt for:
- Sea freight where we ship your container by sea, and the transit timeframe is 4-8 weeks;
- Air freight, where we send your items by air, typically takes 7-10 days.
Do you need a storage service? We know finding accommodation in Suva can be challenging. It often takes time to find suitable housing. If you are in a situation where you are not ready to receive your items in Fiji, we can arrange a storage facility in one of the terminals of the Port of Walu Bay.
Our international movers will help you with customs documents for your shipment to make the customs clearance straightforward.
West Coast to Fiji
- Los Angeles, CA
- Long Beach, CA
- Tacoma, CA
East Coast to Fiji
How Much Does Moving to the Fiji Islands Cost?
The cost of moving to Fiji from the USA varies. Factors that affect the price are the size and volume of goods, origin, destination, and booked services. For example, shipping household goods to Fiji from California would be different than shipping from Texas, even with the two identical services.
Full out a quote form or call us today to get a custom shipping price.
Ports We Serve in Fiji
Low Cost of Living in Fiji
Adventurous expats choose to move to Fiji for its pristine beaches, surfing, diving, vibrant places, and low cost of living. An expat can live a good life in Fiji for a one-bedroom apartment in New York. A three-bedroom apartment in the city center in Suva can be found for $1,185 and only $581 outside the center. The price of food in a mid-range restaurant for one person is $15, and domestic beer is $2.71. People can even retire to Fiji with a deposit sum of $100,000.
Popular Moving Destinations in Fiji
Below we list the most popular cities in Fiji to move to for American expatriates.
Interesting Facts About the Fiji Islands
- 50% of Fiji’s population lives in Suva, the country’s capital.
- Two islands, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, are home to almost 90% of the population.
- The Fijian archipelago consists of 333 islands.
- Fiji is making a successful transition to becoming plastic-free.
- The main export product in the country is sugar.
- Fijians love rugby.
- You will hear three languages – Fijian, English, Fiji-Hindi, and Hindi.
Get a Free Estimate On Your International Move
Start your journey to Fiji today by filling out an online quote form. Or, call us to discuss your move in more detail. Our logistics agents will find the best solution that suits your needs.