Thinking of moving to Spain? You are not alone. The vibrant country that`s home to an endless shoreline, an intriguing culture, and a myriad of culinary delights, attracts plenty of people from across the world each year, longing to relocate there. So here is a list of the requirements necessary to obtain your visa to Spain in order to start your new life in the Flamenco country, Ole`!
For EU citizens, the requirements for a visa include a valid passport or national identity card as well as foreign identity number application (NIE), which is required for EU citizens moving to Spain for a period longer than 3 months. If you plan on buying or renting property in Spain or opening a bank account you will also need a NIE which can be applied for in the national police department “Extranjería” or the Department of Foreigners in your city of residence. The required documents you must present to apply for a NIE are:
- The original application forms
- Your passport and the information page
- USD 10 fee
- For non-EU citizens – declaration of reason to purchase a house, or business intent
Which visa fits your needs best?
Visa types for non-EU citizens vary and include several types, such as:
- Family reunification visa – for people related to a Spanish citizen (married, sibling, child under 18, parent)
- Work visa – contact employer to supply work contract to authorities
- Student visa – you must be enrolled into a school or university in order to apply for a student visa that may exceed 90 days. You can also apply for a visa for your spouse or children under 18
- Tourist visa – only valid for 90 days for non-EU citizens who intend to enter Spain
Looking for a moving company to Spain?
Moving internationally can be quite difficult. In order to make the move successful there are a few things to look for when picking a moving company. First off, you will want to pick a moving company to Spain with a fair estimate for the move (it’s recommended to get a few different estimates). Secondly you will want the company to be a certified and accredited company which will ensure its professionalism and proficiency. In addition, you will want to clarify terms with written declarations as to issues like how and who will deliver the goods to their final location. Finally, get reviews from other customers to learn more about the company’s reputation.