SDC International Shipping – Moving You Safely from the U.S to the U.K
Congratulations! That dreamy career opportunity you were looking for is finally within your reach. After applying for a relocation position you were found qualified and now the adventure begins! Besides taking the next professional step, you get to experience living elsewhere, even if temporarily. In our case, your new adventure begins in the U.K, and that is a long way from your U.S. home.
One of the most important things you will have to do in order to relocate successfully, is to find a good moving company to the United Kingdom. Having the things you know and love with you, can make for an easier and smoother change.
How to Choose a Moving Company to the United Kingdom?
Here are a few tips and pointers as to the most important things to look for in a moving company to the United Kingdom:
- Licenses: when entrusting your valuable possessions with an international moving company, you will be best advised to make sure you are dealing with a licensed and certified service provider.
- Availability: you should clearly check that your service provider of choice will be available on the requested dates. However, there is definitely more to it. You should also check how they deal with last minute changes, which occur from time to time, whether their services are available from your precise location in the U.S., and whether delivering your belongings at the required destination within the U.K. is feasible.
- Moving options: probably one of the most important things to consider as there are various shipping methods moving companies use to get things to the United Kingdom. These methods include air freight, sea freight, a combination of methods, and others. Different methods entail different costs and shipping times, so make sure to choose the one that best fits your time and budget constraints.
- Payment: make sure everything is upfront and clear, make sure you understand the payment terms and that they are acceptable, and make sure to check available payment options.
- Recommendations: when choosing a service provider there is nothing more reassuring than good reputation and satisfied customers who are willing to share their experience with you. Professional service providers should have no difficulty providing you with a couple of customers to consult with.
- Ask for additional services: many companies who provide transatlantic moving solutions also offer extra services such as taking care of customs issues, settling in assistance, and the like. Such services can go along way when first arriving at your new destination.
Fast & Safe
SDC International shipping offers you reliable, professional, and affordable moving solutions from anywhere in the U.S. to the United Kingdom. Contact us at (877) 339-0267 and enjoy the move.