Packing can be frustrating and complicated sometimes; therefore, it is very important to have a moving checklist to prioritize which items can be packed 6 weeks or a week before your moving date. SDC International Shipping packing services can help you maximize your way to a stress-free moving experience.
- Before you start packing, clean, organize every room in the house and garage. Get rid of all the items you don’t want to pack/keep. (Donate unneeded items or have a garage sale)
- Create a moving checklist – Go through each room and make a list of things you will pack yourself, and things the movers will take care of.
- Load up on packing supplies: boxes, tape, bubble wrap or packing paper, markers, fragile stickers etc.
- Start packing early (4-6 weeks before your moving date) – You really don’t know how much stuff you have until you have to go through the process of packing it!
- Pack a suitcase for the first few days of the move, that way you won’t have to open all the boxes to find items to fulfill your daily needs.
- Label all boxes! Keep everything as organized as possible. You will thank yourself when you are unpacking in your new place.
- Create a priority box – This box should be filled with everything that you will probably need in your new places the first few day (besides your personal items).
- Save space – Use pillows, blankets and other soft items as cushions for your more fragile items.
- 30lb rule – Don’t put too much in the boxes! Not only it is heavy to carry, but you don’t want the boxes to break with all of your valuables in them.
- Also, remember to place the heavy items on the bottom and don’t pack any any flammable, hazard, perishable, and irreplaceable items. Learn more about do not pack items.