Why Less Stuff Will Help You Move Your House for Less
Sorting all of your belongings before an international relocation will help you get the best out of the moving process in several ways – it will make reorganizing your things at the new house much easier, and it is a great opportunity to get rid of stuff you don’t need and to save some money in the process. Here are the benefits you can get out of getting rid of the stuff you don’t need anymore.
Lower Shipping Costs
It only makes sense that the less stuff you have to ship the less you’ll have to pay, and you can confirm that with any international moving company. The price of international shipping may be determined by distance but also by the weight and volume of your belongings. So, leaving behind the stuff you don’t need, as difficult as it may seem to do, can lower your moving expenses and that’s something to take under consideration since an international moving process is not cheap at all.
How to Save Money in the Moving Process?
It is actually easier than you may think. The first thing you need to start with is sorting all of your things into 3 main groups:
- Essentials – things you must take with you for any reason that may be – you need it, you want it, it has an important value to you, etc.
- Giveaways – things you no longer need and are still usable. The next step regarding this group will be to sort it into 3 secondary groups:
- Things you want to give to family and friends.
- Things you want to sell.
- Things you want to donate and spread some good in the world.
- Useless – things not useful any longer – meaning, they belong in the trash and it’s high time someone took care of it.
What to Sell, Where to Sell
In order to manage to sell as many things as possible before you move, you’ll have to first post online everything you want to sell – that will allow more time for people to see it and to consider buying it from you. The second thing will be to set a date for a garage sale – the closer to the moving date the better, so you’ll know for sure you got out everything you don’t need.
Selling the things you don’t need will save you some money on shipping expenses and create some cash flow from those things you don’t need anymore.