International Moving to Poland: Fun Facts about Poland
Thinking about relocating to Poland? Well, if so, there are couple of things you’ll need to know.
Today we’d like to share fun facts about Poland. Poland is the 9th largest country in Europe. The first? That would be Russia.
Fun Facts about Poland:
- The national name is Rzeczpospolita Polska
- Warsaw is the capital and largest city
- Bananas are peeled from the blossom end, not from the stem end
- The most popular name for a dog is “Burek” (meaning: brownish-grey color)
- 90% of Poles have completed at least secondary education.
- Polish born astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was the first person to propose that the earth was not the center of the universe.
- If you love medieval attraction or festival – in Wroclaw there is an annual festival, including jousts, horse archery, medieval dances and other activities.
So many places you can visit when you are in Poland such as: Warsaw (highly recommended!), Auschwitz, Białowieża National Park, Malbork Castle, and many more!
If you are moving to Poland and currently searching for an international moving company, give us a call to obtain FREE moving estimates.
SDC International Shipping, International Shipping & Moving Company
For FREE estimate, contact (877) 339-0267