International Moving Companies’ Extra Services for Extra Convenience
When looking to hire an international moving company, one should pay special attention to the services offered by different service providers. Generally speaking, it is always good to compare between several different companies in order to find the one that puts the best offer on the table, specifically regarding their available services, since we don’t want to find out after hiring a company that it doesn’t perform a service we need and that now we have to hire an additional service provider and make things complicated.
Here we’ll help you to better understand which services you should be looking for and the extras that may be offered.
Before we talk about extra services that international moving companies may offer, let’s review the basic ones that should be offered by any professional international moving company:
- Shipping by air – shipping by air will be faster than shipping by sea, but more expensive, as rates are calculated by weight and volume.
- Shipping by sea – shipping by sea is pretty much the opposite of shipping by air – it will cost less but take longer to arrive.
- Oversize shipping – usually shipped by sea, as shipping by air has a weight and volume capacity limit to it.
- Overseas vehicle shipping – this service allows customers to take their vehicle with them when relocating to a new country.
- Special handling – so you can ship those fragile things, expensive jewelry, and anything requiring a special touch.
We think that all professional international shipping companies should offer the services we’re about to mention in this list, but remember that not all actually do offer them, and that is why it is important to compare between the services offered by several companies rather than just arbitrarily pick one.
The extra services you ought to look for are:
- Free quote – the first thing you ought to receive from any professional moving company is a free estimate for their services.
- Marine insurance – marine insurance means peace of mind, as you’re able to insure your belongings down to the expensive ring you’ve inherited from your grandma.
- Storage – moving about a week or a month after the lease on your house is due, may require you to store your things until the moving date. On the other hand, you may want to store some of your things rather than take them with you abroad, making this service quite handy in some cases.
- Customs forms – a professional international moving company should be familiar with customs regulations of different countries around the world, and should offer some guidance with filling up the different forms required for your belongings.
- Packing – if you don’t have the time or patience to handle the packing task, this service will get you home free, so to speak.
So before choosing your moving company make sure you check all these important things, considering the services you need. Good luck!