Moving to a new country can be a wonderful experience, especially if that country is Holland. Holland is a great place to study and live in, and is one of the popular destinations among expats. If you are planning on moving to Holland, SDC International Moving can help you with your move.
Moving to Holland?
Holland is one of those foreign countries where you will remotely feel like an outsider as most of the inhabitants speak and understand English. There’s no wonder why many Americans choose to relocate to Holland!
One of the best pros of moving to Holland is that the accommodations are generally of a high standard. The people in Holland are very friendly and social life is very rich, with music festivals and cultural events being held throughout the year.
Holland is considered to be one of the safest countries in all of Europe, with a lower than average crime rate. The health service in the Netherlands is efficient, waiting times are usually short, and prescriptions can be ordered via telephone and collected the same day. If you are moving to Holland because of work, you will never want to leave because of the 30 percent tax-free allowance available to people moving to Holland for work
Require a moving company to Holland?
SDC International Moving can handle all of your moving needs when you move to Holland.
Our Services Include:
- FREE Estimates
- Door-to-Door and Port-to-Port Service
- Custom Crates
- Professional & Licensed Moving Agents Worldwide
- 24/7 Shipment Tracking
Call for your FREE moving quote NOW! (888) 598-7009
Useful Information before moving to Holland
Adhering to customs regulations is a crucial part of a successful move to Holland. Here’s some of the more important things you need to know, but please be sure to follow Netherland’s official website for further information.
Which Documentation Must You Carry?
- Residence certification
- Copy of work contract (should you have one)
- All shipments must include original petition of import permit (granted only once)
Inventory List Must Include (five copies signed by owner must be in your possession)
- Contents of all items
- Appliances and vehicles – brand, model, and serial number
Used goods are duty free if:
- Owner has lived outside of Holland for the last twelve months
- Owner has owned goods for twelve months (can’t be sold during the next twelve months)
- Owner is relocating residence to Holland (other regulations may apply)
Some things are restricted while others require you to have a Dutch official license:
- Alcohol and tobacco
- Weapons and ammunition
- Cactus and orchids of all kinds
- CB radios